Friday, June 14, 2013

curiosities about the dead Lenin

Because I study fashion I'm always interested in learning about it.Right now I'm reading a swedish book called "klädernas tysta språk" (the silent language of the clothes) by Tonie Lewenhaupt. Which is about what the title says.
Apparently when Lenin died in 1927 they decided to embalm him and put him in a glass case for people to witness him. Just before the second world war they thought he was too angry and militantly looking in his dark blue suit with white shirt, tie and his red badge on his collar so they then and there decided to change his clothing every third year so he would look more fashionable and nice.
So right now he's wearing a suit that wasn't even invented when he was alive. 

I'm glad I'm not the person who has to change his clothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment